Cut Flowers

Jess and I went back at it this weekend, still working to fill the 4 square feet that we acquired in a salt kiln. It’s not hard filling that space, but filling it on short notice and with intention, especially me, with no material experience with salt firings, that’s a bit more of a jog.


Still, I’m pretty excited about all the greenware that’s been getting made. Lots of experimental works and, of course, we finally got a chance to add a little skull flower. I had been trying hard to restrain myself, but it needed that cherry to complete the design.

 

The whole load is filled with lots of risk. Not a single sure thing in the bunch, but results should be exciting to play with when they exit the kiln. I’m hoping for one or two racers out of the lot, I really would be quite happy with that. I’m still gladly open to more, but one or two gems and I’d be just fine.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s